SEMS are created by combing a bolt with a permanently affixed washer.
This washer stays in place due to the fact that it is installed on the blank bolt before the thread rolling is conducted.
Because the treads are larger than the initial diameter, the washer stays in place without falling loose from the bolt.
SEMS provide a number of benefits to the user including:
1. SEMS screws can allow for faster assembly of products due to their pre-assembled. This can boost both your output and productivity overall.
2. The custom fastener options can also help decrease failures related to improper mounting or missing washers.
3. SEMS screws work well in products with small dimensions.
4. Service on parts that are difficult to reach can also benefit from SEMS screws.
5. Inventory and logistics can be easier to accurately keep track of as washers and screws won’t have to be accounted for separately.
6. Disassembly is also made considerably easier as you won’t have to worry about loose washers getting lodged or stuck in tapped holes.
SEMS screws are being used to make product assembly more cost effective in many industries including micro electronics and automotive.